Well, thanks to the great Michael5000 who tagged me, I'm charged with the oh so painful task of listing "the top 10 reasons why you like yourself". Very likely this is difficult for anyone, but this is especially difficult for me right now because...I'm experiencing a low point, let's just say. But, damn it, I'll try. Big breath in (i'm good i'm good i'm good). Here goes...
1) I'm funny. I make people laugh. And I don't need a common language to do it.
2) I'm absolutely, totally, completely turned-inside-out in love with my brother's kids.
3) I don't want any kids of my own, though, and so I'm not having any. No, not even one.
4) I'm a really, really good teacher. I mean, the kind everyone wants. Recently one of my students (a 20-yr.-old) said, "I didn't know I could learn and have fun at the same time until I took your class."
5) I'm courageous. I stand up to injustice when I see it despite my fear.
6) I'm bold. I ask the people in my life what's up and I tell them what's up with me. There's no time for guess work, as I see it.
7) I'm open to new ideas. I used to be a fat, meat-eating, bible-thumping Jesus freak living in the burbs, whereas now I'm a fat, new-agey vegetarian living in the hood.
8) I'm a Triple Threat. I'm an actor/dancer/singer. (Well, I used to be a dancer, before I was fat.) But I can still belt a tune any time of the day or night and I can wrap an audience around my little finger.
9) I'm a damn good writer when I want to be. Don't believe me? Check out my other blog http://karinleak.blogspot.com/
10) I take care of my health. Okay, so I'm fat, but not as much as I could be given the SPAM and eggs model I was given. I exercise, don't smoke, don't drink really, I think about meditating and I talk, cry and journal a lot. This is a big deal in my family, this taking care of myself. I seem to be something of an oddity. So, hey, good for me, if I do say so myself.
There, I did it. That wasn't so bad. Thanks, Michael5000.