For someone who lives on side streets, it's pretty noisy around here. I'm at the intersection of two streets that are both a block away from big busy streets, so I guess that brings in a lot of vehicular and foot traffic. On top of that, my building is right up against the sidewalk. Any "yard" we might have is entirely in the back. I mean, if not for the screens, we could hang out the windows and deal drugs like I see people doing out of their cars just there on the corner. To make matters worse, or better, our apartment is exactly at the corner of the building. So as I sit at my desk, I have the distinct advantage of hearing all manner of conversation that I'm not meant to hear--most of it innocuous, some of it interesting. Here's a smattering from the past week or so. I'll add more as I Listen Out (the Window), which the uppity among you might call eavesdropping.
· "Shit. It ain’t no thing ‘til you mutha fuckas left. And then shiiit."
· "He's so cute." "Yeah, I wish uh, he’d act is age though." (about a big puppy)
· "She’s been in my house every day." "Yeah. Well. That doesn’t surprise me."
· "What was the first level, bro?" "Yellow." "And what could you, what could you do with the yellow?"
· "You better wag yo little tail feather so I can tell where you mutha fucka at."
· "Oh and by the way, those Math people do not know the rule."